1. Just say no
- “I am unavailable”
- “Ask your dad”
- “You can complete that task without my assistance”
- “This is not something I’m interested in”
2. Delegate - don’t do
- Piloting work experience with your young children at home. Provide them with a position description complete with agreed tasks, expectations and rewards available.
- Using AirTasker for the ‘I can’t be bothered’ variety of jobs.
- Pool resources with friends and family to lean into your strengths. For example, put your hand up to take over your brother's Christmas shopping if he takes the kids for a 4-hour bike ride.
3. Prioritise play
4. Remove yourself more
- Silencing phone notifications
- Decluttering your schedule
- Physically removing yourself (as required)